Tuesday, March 27, 2007

week 12 PAW 2007


This is an old homestead in rural Utah. Not sure how old it is. The light was right so I stopped the car and had to walk back about 120 feet to get this image. I really like the light at this time of day and how the clouds just hung there waiting.
There was a problem in taking this shot. There is a house across the road and they have dogs. I mean big and scary dogs, three of them. One just came up to me, very friendly. Two were barking and growling. I was so scared because I didn't see them as I walked down the road. The mean one kept on barking and come toward me. I just started walk back to my car, trying not to run or move to sudden. The dog was about 20 feet away from me, closer to me than I was to my car. I was so scared that I wanted to cry. I finial made it to car, feeling a little sick to my stomach, and drove away. What made me mad was that the owners of the dog were home and working outside and did nothing to control the dogs. I'm not sure how many of you have been in this situation before. What would you do?

3 comments:

Ste said...

As you say the light is great, it look amazing. Not sure what I'd have done about the dogs though.

Jen P. said...

Wow! Look at those clouds, lovely. Sorry to hear about the dogs. I probably would have done just what you did. They can be hard to read and I definitely wouldn't mess with one that was growling at me. Although, I have to say that my dogs bark at anyone that comes near our fence but they'd never hurt a fly. I hate that they bark at people but it also makes me feel safe in a way. The worst part is we live on golf course and I'm sure we're the most hated house on the course. :)

puzzled p said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the mean dog barking at you ... I would've been scared, too. It wasn't very nice of the owner to not call them or something. Glad you got the shot though :-)